Monday, January 5, 2009

To sketch a thought...

To sketch a thought is a wonderful feeling! It isn't the finished product that gives me this wonderful feeling but the process of sketching itself. You see, while sketching, thoughts just flow. While drawing, most times I figure out how to deal with a problem or learn more about how I am feeling without even trying. The lines on the page just form the answers in front of my eyes. For example, I began this drawing with just a line and no thought as to where it would take me. By the end of this sketching session, I have to admit, the character looked EXACTLY how I was feeling at the time! Yes, I had a very stressful day with my 5 little ones. Anyway, here is my first sketch appearance in my 'sketch' blog. It's not the best work I've ever done, but it IS a funny piece and helps me make my point of sketching a thought or a feeling. I hope to be able to bring you daily sketches because I have taken on a challenge to sketch daily. It is just something I have wanted to do but never seemed to have time for so my goal in 2009 is to sketch daily. I realize it is already January 5th - I have sketched daily for 3 days now and will be uploading those 3 drawings soon. I want to scan them instead of photographing because it makes for better viewing quality and based on the sketches I have been producing I am going to need all the help I can get. For those of you who don't know me, I am a children's author and illustrator. I created a children's picture book series you can view here - www.charlieshead.com. Enough blogging from me though - I have to get to the sketchbook and scanner!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the painting Zone

Any artist will tell you there is no better place to be than the ZONE. This weekend I worked all sorts of hours and it felt like no time at ...