Monday, November 16, 2009

Almost Thanksgiving

Hello world....

Here it is almost Thanksgiving and I haven't even come close to my original New Years goal of sketching of every day. The good news is I am an optimist!!! You see, I look at it like this... if I never started this blog I would never have paid so much attention to my artistic side. I started the blog mainly because I have become more of a writer than an illustrator/artist and that was bothering me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE writing because its like putting a puzzle of thoughts together. VERY challenging. But I got so wrapped up in it all I lost my art. I love my art. I always have. It got me through some extremely challenging times in my life. (Although writing did too) The point I am trying to make here is that I need to strike a balance between my art and my writing. I have just finished a wonderful book called Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts and I must tell you it has re-awakened my artistic side. I am grateful to her for writing it and recommend any artist that misses their art should read it. VERY INSPIRING 
I will try my best to get some artwork up today. If not then definitely some time this week.
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the painting Zone

Any artist will tell you there is no better place to be than the ZONE. This weekend I worked all sorts of hours and it felt like no time at ...