Friday, November 20, 2009

Still Exploring Mixed Media

Last night I sketched this sad girl in my sketchbook. I guess it was reflecting my inner feelings. I had just argued with my ex-husband who constantly makes me feel less than I am. He is and always was very harsh with his words and last night he just reminded me of how bad I always used to feel when I was around him. This is one of my first mixed media pieces and I have to tell you it is a wonderful process. I am really enjoying it and can't wait to get to the oil painting part of it tomorrow after the coat of gesso dries! Please remember when you speak to others how your words affect them. Words are very strong and one of the most dangerous weapons in our arsenal. Use them with care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In the painting Zone

Any artist will tell you there is no better place to be than the ZONE. This weekend I worked all sorts of hours and it felt like no time at ...