Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Evil Clown

My latest creation for my novel. I used my big drawing pad for this one too and I have to say, I love the 'kraft' paper look of it. It looks dirty and will fit right in with my 'trashy' novel. You will see where I am going with this soon don't worry ;)

I finally used real drawing pencils to shade and I found it is much easier. The set I used are called Mars Lumograph by Staedtler. There are 12 of them - 6B 5B 4B 3B 2B B HB F H 2H 3H 4H. I never realized what a difference the hardness of the graphite makes. I love it when I pick up a product that has been around forever and finally use it then say WOW at the potential it unlocks for me. It's one of those a-ha moments. I will continue to upload artwork from my 'trashy' novel. Hoping for some feedback though! Any silent lurkers out there please feel free to comment. I share with you to hear your opinions. Thanks for helping me out!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the painting Zone

Any artist will tell you there is no better place to be than the ZONE. This weekend I worked all sorts of hours and it felt like no time at ...