Saturday, January 10, 2009

The 'not so great' sketchcrawl


Okay, here is my one little result from a day of sketching. I had a great plan of going to all the great historical places in RI and sketch a bunch of them but I got up too late and went too quickly  thinking the snow was going to come. Little did I know It was not going to hit until tonight. Oh well. Live and learn... next sketch crawl will be better planned.

This drawing is of a sign with a bicycle hung on it. I came across it on Benefit Street in Providence when I was looking for Edgar Allen Poe's old hangout. I never did locate the house where he hung out (should've looked it up before I got there) so I figured I would sketch whatever caught my eye... and here it is. 

I may not have had the successful sketch crawl I imagined but I did keep my 2009 promise - I drew today! 


3 comments:

  1. Nice!
    Ah... Providence... fond memories...
    I lived on there 79-82

    The bicycle reminds me of RISD's application process... 3 drawings: a self portrait, a shoe and a bicycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is this was right next to RISD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin

    Just signed up for Sketchcrawl, and saw your comments. I have just started sketching, but would love to join your next adventure.

    Thanks. Les lh6827@yahoo.com I live in Little Compton

    ReplyDelete

In the painting Zone

Any artist will tell you there is no better place to be than the ZONE. This weekend I worked all sorts of hours and it felt like no time at ...